A collection of great landscaping articles and favorite links that cover various topics from principles of design to landscape design gurus.
If you live in Boise, Idaho then you understand the importance of a quality backyard. Not only can it reach 97 degrees in the summer time, but Boise nights can make your backyard the ideal place for hanging out. Check out these unique Boise backyard landscaping ideas.
Xeriscaping is a type of landscaping that focuses on using drought-tolerant plants. This approach can save you time and money by requiring less water and maintenance than a traditional lawn. It also happens to look incredibly stylish (just take a look at any modern desert cityscape). Have you ever thought about how much water your lawn uses? According to the Environmental Protection Agency, the average person uses 80-100 gallons of water per day. A large portion of that water is used for watering lawns and gardens. In the Treasure Valley, we are fortunate enough to have an abundance of natural resources, including rivers and reservoirs, but even so, it's important to be mindful of our water usage. Xeriscaping is one way to reduce your water usage while still having a beautiful yard.
A pergola is a backyard landscaping staple that can serve many purposes. It can be purely decorative, providing shade and interest to your outdoor space. Or, it can provide support for climbing plants. With the right design, a pergola can even become an extension of your indoor living space, providing a comfortable place to relax and entertain guests. No matter what your vision for your backyard oasis, a pergola is a great way to add beauty and function.
In order to understand how to best to turn your backyard into the perfect picture for Boise backyard ideas, you first need to understand what Boise landscaping entails. Below are various features to take into consideration when making your dream backyard come to life.
• Artificial turf is a low maintenance, long-lasting solution for your backyard landscaping in Boise ID. It is safe for pets and children, and it looks beautiful all year round. You can say goodbye to brown patches of grass and mud puddles, and hello to a green lawn that is always ready for play or entertaining.
• A fire pit is a great addition to any backyard landscape. Not only does it provide a beautiful focal point, but it also serves as a gathering place for family and friends. If you're looking for a way to add some beauty and functionality to your Boise ID backyard, consider adding a fire pit.
• Xeriscaping is a type of landscaping that uses native plants and rocks to create a beautiful, low-maintenance yard. Not only will you save money on water and fertilizer, but you'll also have a unique yard that is sure to impress your neighbors.
• Your Boise ID backyard is the perfect place to host summer BBQs and outdoor parties. But if your outdoor space is lacking, it could use a little love. Investing in an outdoor kitchen is a great way to add value to your home and make entertaining a breeze. Here are some tips for designing the ultimate outdoor kitchen for your backyard oasis.
• Stone walkways are a great way to add some visual interest to your yard, and they're also very functional. They can provide a path for walking or running, delineate different areas of your yard, or simply be used as decoration.
A fire pit is a great addition to any backyard landscaping. Not only does it provide a focal point, but it also allows you to enjoy the outdoors in the evening hours. If you are thinking about adding a fire pit to your yard, there are a few things you will need to consider.
Installing a water fountain in your backyard landscaping is a great way to add beauty and visual interest. Water fountains come in a variety of styles and can be customized to fit your space. You can also choose from a variety of materials, such as stone, metal, or glass. Whether you want a simple design or something more elaborate, there's a water fountain to suit your taste. Plus, installing a water fountain is relatively easy and can be done you with some basic tools. So if you're looking for a way to spruce up your backyard landscaping, consider adding a water fountain.
If you're looking for a way to add some beauty and relaxation to your backyard, consider adding a hammock! Hammocks are a great addition to any landscaping design, and they provide a comfortable place to enjoy the outdoors. Whether you're reading a book, taking a nap, or just enjoying the scenery, hammocks are the perfect way to kick back and relax. Plus, they make a great focal point in your yard and can help tie together your overall landscaping design.
Gazebos are not only a beautiful addition to your backyard landscape; but, they are also functional. Gazebos provide shade on hot summer days and can be a gathering space for friends and family. Whether you're looking for a simple gazebo or one with all the bells and whistles, there is sure to be one that fits your needs. Let's take a look at some of the different types of gazebos available so you can find the perfect one for your backyard oasis.