A collection of great landscaping articles and favorite links that cover various topics from principles of design to landscape design gurus.
If you live in San Francisco, California then you understand the importance of a quality backyard. Not only can it reach 92 degrees in the summer time, but San Francisco nights can make your backyard the ideal place for hanging out. Check out these unique San Francisco backyard landscaping ideas.
Artificial turf can provide a beautiful, green lawn all year round without the hassle of watering and mowing. It's also a great option for families with pets or small children, as it's always safe and clean. This way, you'll never have to worry about those unsightly weeds again and your backyard will always look its best. Not to mention, it's much easier to take care of than real grass.
Landscaping your yard can add beauty and resale value to your home. By adding a retaining wall to your backyard landscaping, you can increase both the function and attractiveness of your outdoor space. Building a retaining wall is not as difficult as it may seem, and with a little planning and forethought, you can create a stunning addition to your property.
In order to understand how to best to turn your backyard into the perfect picture for San Francisco backyard ideas, you first need to understand what San Francisco landscaping entails. Below are various features to take into consideration when making your dream backyard come to life.
• In San Francisco, the summer evenings can be foggy and cold. So, to enjoy your backyard landscaping year-round, consider installing a fire pit. With a fire pit in your backyard, you can have intimate gatherings with friends or family any night of the week. Not only will a fire pit increase the value of your home, but it will also make your backyard the envy of the block. So whether you’re roasting marshmallows with the kids or entertaining guests at an evening soiree, a fire pit is sure to make your backyard the place to be.
• Water Features - Whether it's a simple fountain or an elaborate waterfall, the addition of moving water will definitely create a focal point in your yard that will be sure to impress family and friends alike.
• A deck can provide you with an alluring outdoor living space that is perfect for entertaining guests or simply spending time with your family.
• Botanical gardens - The beauty of these gardens is that they offer something for everyone- whether you're looking to spend an afternoon strolling through flowers or marveling at towering redwoods.
• Landscaping is a great way to do that, and artificial turf is a wonderful addition to any backyard. Here in San Francisco CA, we're lucky to have such beautiful weather. That means we can enjoy our backyards all year long! Artificial turf is perfect for those who want a green lawn all year round without any of the hassle or maintenance of natural grass.
Pools are one of the most sought-after features in a backyard. They provide a place to cool off on hot summer days, and they can be used for entertaining guests or exercising. But pools can also increase the value of your home and make it more attractive from an aesthetic standpoint.
Patio for beauty on your backyard landscaping: If you're looking to improve your backyard, one of the best ways is to add a patio. Patios are great for entertaining guests or simply enjoying the outdoors. But before you start planning, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Here's everything you need to know about adding a patio to your home.
A pergola is a backyard landscaping staple that can serve many purposes. It can be purely decorative, providing shade and interest to your outdoor space. Or, it can provide support for climbing plants. With the right design, a pergola can even become an extension of your indoor living space, providing a comfortable place to relax and entertain guests. No matter what your vision for your backyard oasis, a pergola is a great way to add beauty and function.