A collection of great landscaping articles and favorite links that cover various topics from principles of design to landscape design gurus.
If you live in Baltimore, Maryland then you understand the importance of a quality backyard. Not only can it reach 88 degrees in the summer time, but Baltimore nights can make your backyard the ideal place for hanging out. Check out these unique Baltimore backyard landscaping ideas.
If you have a sloped backyard, adding a retaining wall is a great way to create usable space while also adding to the aesthetic of your home. Retaining walls can be made of various materials, but Baltimore MD homeowners often opt for stone or brick to match the historic charm of the city. Retaining walls are not only aesthetically pleasing, but they can also be used to create level areas for entertaining or gardening. In addition, retaining walls can help to prevent soil erosion and runoff.
Patio for beauty on your backyard landscaping: If you're looking to improve your backyard, one of the best ways is to add a patio. Patios are great for entertaining guests or simply enjoying the outdoors. But before you start planning, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Here's everything you need to know about adding a patio to your home.
In order to understand how to best to turn your backyard into the perfect picture for Baltimore backyard ideas, you first need to understand what Baltimore landscaping entails. Below are various features to take into consideration when making your dream backyard come to life.
• A fire place can become the focal point of your entire yard and with the right design, it can enhance the overall look of your property. Not only will this addition be beautiful, but it will also provide a place for your family and friends to gather around during those chilly evenings.
• Adding a pool to your home is a luxurious way to enjoy the outdoors without having to leave the comfort of your own yard. Pools offer many benefits including fitness, relaxation, and entertainment value. When it comes time to choose a pool for your home, there are many factors to consider such as cost, size, shape, and material.
• A patio is the perfect way to improve your backyard landscaping in Baltimore, MD. It will provide you with a beautiful outdoor living space that your family can enjoy for years to come. Not only will it make your backyard more enjoyable, but it will also increase the value of your home.
• Pergolas are a great way to enhance your outdoor living space and they can be used for a variety of purposes. Whether you want to create an intimate seating area or simply want to add some visual interest to your landscaping, pergolas are a great option.
• Are you wanting to add some dimension to your backyard in Baltimore MD? Adding a retaining wall is a great way to do so! Not only will it give your yard more interest, but it can also be used as functional space. You can use the area behind the wall as extra seating or plant beds.
If you're looking to add a little bit of extra beauty to your backyard landscaping, then adding a pergola is a great way to do it. Not only will it provide some visual interest, but it can also provide some functional uses as well. Whether you use it for shade on those hot summer days or as a support for climbing plants, a pergola can be a great addition to any yard. Keep reading to learn more about pergolas and how you can incorporate one into your own backyard landscape.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and for many homeowners that means creating an oasis right in their own backyard. A fire pit is a great way to add both beauty and functionality to your landscaping. Not only can you enjoy relaxing fires with family and friends, but a well-designed fire pit can also be a stylish addition to your property. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to incorporate a fire pit into your backyard landscaping without breaking the bank.
If you live in a place with limited water resources, or you're just looking to limit your water usage, xeriscaping may be for you. Xeriscaping is a type of landscaping that uses drought-tolerant plants to minimize the need for irrigation. Not only can this save you money on your water bill, but it can also help reduce your impact on the environment.
Installing a water fountain in your backyard landscaping is a great way to add beauty and visual interest. Water fountains come in a variety of styles and can be customized to fit your space. You can also choose from a variety of materials, such as stone, metal, or glass. Whether you want a simple design or something more elaborate, there's a water fountain to suit your taste. Plus, installing a water fountain is relatively easy and can be done you with some basic tools. So if you're looking for a way to spruce up your backyard landscaping, consider adding a water fountain.