A collection of great landscaping articles and favorite links that cover various topics from principles of design to landscape design gurus.
If you live in New York City, New York then you understand the importance of a quality backyard. Not only can it reach 86 degrees in the summer time, but New York City nights can make your backyard the ideal place for hanging out. Check out these unique New York City backyard landscaping ideas.
Who doesn't love the beauty of nature? Even if you live in the heart of a bustling city like New York, you can still enjoy the elegance of botanical gardens right in your own backyard. By incorporating some simple landscaping techniques, you can create a stunning oasis that will make all your friends and family green with envy.
A water fountain is a beautiful addition to any backyard landscape. Not only does it provide a focal point, but the sound of running water is also peaceful and relaxing. There are many different styles of water fountains available, so there is sure to be one that will fit your taste and budget. Here are a few tips on choosing the perfect water fountain for your backyard oasis.
In order to understand how to best to turn your backyard into the perfect picture for New York City backyard ideas, you first need to understand what New York City landscaping entails. Below are various features to take into consideration when making your dream backyard come to life.
• Patio - If you have a lovely backyard in New York City, why not add an elegant patio? A properly placed patio can serve as an excellent venue for outdoor entertaining. You can find patios made from all sorts of materials, but one of our favorites is brick. Brick patios add a touch of class to any landscape and they’re easy to take care of too.
• A rooftop garden is the perfect way to add a touch of elegance to your New York City NY backyard landscaping. There are many benefits to having a rooftop garden, including the fact that it can help to insulate your home and reduce noise pollution. It can also be a great place to relax and enjoy the stunning views of the cityscape.
• Fountains are a great way to add elegance and serenity to your space. A well- landscaped backyard can be a true oasis. If you're looking for ways to take your backyard up a notch, read on for some amazing fountain ideas. From classic tiered fountains to more modern designs, we've got you covered. So sit back, relax, and let the water do the work.
• Outdoor furniture is the way to go. From patio sets and lawn chairs to fire pits and gazebos, there's plenty of ways to make your backyard into an oasis. New York City is known for its high end fashion and style. When it comes to your backyard, you shouldn't have to sacrifice style for comfort.
• Botanical gardens are not only beautiful, but they can also be a great source of fresh vegetables and herbs for your family. In addition, botanical gardens can help to purify the air in your home and improve the overall quality of your life. There are many different ways to create a botanical garden, so you will need to do some research to find the best way for you. You can either purchase pre-made kits or build one from scratch. Whichever route you choose, adding a botanical garden to your New York City NY backyard landscaping will be sure to impress your friends and family.
A beautiful backyard landscape can be created without having to spend a lot of money. In fact, you can create a personal oasis by simply using some of the materials that you have on hand. One way to do this is by creating a stepping stone path. This not only looks great, but can also be used as functional pathway to different areas of your yard. So, gather up those old bricks or stones and get ready to beautify your backyard on a budget!
Hammocks are not only for looks but they are also functional and can be used in your backyard landscaping. You can use them to relax, read, or take a nap in the sun. Hammocks can also be used as an addition to your pool area or as a standalone piece in your yard. They come in different sizes, colors, and styles so you can find the perfect one for your needs. When shopping for a hammock, consider the type of material it is made from, the weight capacity, and how easy it is to set up. With so many options available, there is sure to be a hammock that is perfect for you and your backyard landscape!
Flower gardens are lovely addition to any backyard landscaping. They provide beauty and color, and can also attract pollinators like bees and butterflies. But starting a flower garden can feel overwhelming –where do you begin? Don't worry, we're here to help. In this article, we'll give you some tips for planning and planting a flower garden that will suit your space and style.
Gazebos are not only a beautiful addition to your backyard landscape; but, they are also functional. Gazebos provide shade on hot summer days and can be a gathering space for friends and family. Whether you're looking for a simple gazebo or one with all the bells and whistles, there is sure to be one that fits your needs. Let's take a look at some of the different types of gazebos available so you can find the perfect one for your backyard oasis.
We all want our home to be beautiful. The first thing people see when they visit our home is the exterior. Landscaping is a big part of making sure our homes have curb appeal. A well-manicured lawn and pretty flowers can go a long way. But, what about taking your landscaping to the next level? An outdoor kitchen can add both beauty and function to your backyard landscaping. Imagine entertaining guests outdoors with a built-in grill, sink, and fridge. Plus, it would be a great place to spend time with family on warm summer evenings.