A collection of great landscaping articles and favorite links that cover various topics from principles of design to landscape design gurus.
If you live in Tacoma, Washington then you understand the importance of a quality backyard. Not only can it reach 75 degrees in the summer time, but Tacoma nights can make your backyard the ideal place for hanging out. Check out these unique Tacoma backyard landscaping ideas.
Hammocks are a beautiful addition to any backyard and they provide a great spot to relax and enjoy the outdoors. But did you know that hammocks can also be used as part of your landscaping? Hammocks can provide an added touch of beauty to your yard and can be used in a variety of ways to enhance your landscaping. Read on to learn more about how you can use hammocks as part of your backyard landscaping.
Your backyard is your own little slice of paradise. Whether you use it for entertaining guests, relaxing after a long day, or simply enjoying the outdoors, there’s no denying that having a beautiful backyard makes life just that much better. And one of the best ways to enhance your backyard’s natural beauty is with some well-chosen outdoor lighting. Strategic outdoor lighting can not only make your backyard look great, but it can also be functional, providing illumination for activities like grilling or relaxing under the stars.
In order to understand how to best to turn your backyard into the perfect picture for Tacoma backyard ideas, you first need to understand what Tacoma landscaping entails. Below are various features to take into consideration when making your dream backyard come to life.
• A water feature, like a fountain or pond, can be really relaxing and add some beauty to your yard
• Boardwalk - A boardwalk is a series of walkways that are typically built in outdoor environments such as gardens, parks, or coastal areas. They are also commonly found near man-made bodies of water such as lakes, ponds, and streams. Boardwalks can provide an additional Beauty to your backyard landscaping. Not only do they add interest and variety to your yard, but they can also be used to improve the function of your space. For example, a boardwalk can provide a safe and attractive walking surface near water features or garden beds. Additionally, boardwalks can be used to create divisions between different areas of your yard for more functional use of space.
• Artificial turf - Adding artificial turf to your backyard landscaping is a great way to add some extra beauty and value to your home. Not only will it make your yard look more lush and green, but it can also help to keep your lawn looking neat and tidy. Artificial turf is also a great option for families with small children or pets, as it is low maintenance and easy to clean.
• fire pit - Is your backyard in dire need of a makeover? Are you tired of looking at the same old thing day after day? If so, it may be time to consider adding a fire pit. Not only will a fire pit add beauty to your backyard landscaping, but it will also provide you with a place to gather with family and friends. Whether you're roasting marshmallows or simply enjoying the warmth of the fire, a fire pit is sure to become a gathering place for all.
• Hammock for additional beauty on your backyard landscaping: Hammocks are not only comfortable, but also add a touch of elegance to any yard. If you have been thinking about adding one to your own landscape, consider the following tips. // Place the hammock in an area that receives partial sun and has well-drained soil. dig two sets of holes six inches deep and place the anchors at least four feet apart. Set the first anchor by driving it into the ground with a mallet, then do the same with the second anchor. String the hammock between the two anchors using nylon rope or polypropylene webbing...//prepare for relaxation!
Aesthetics are important when it comes to your home. People take pride in their home's appearance both inside and out. There is a lot you can do to the outside of your home to make it more visually appealing. If you have some land to work with, landscaping is a great way to add beauty and value to your property. One element that can really enhance your landscaping is a retaining wall. Retaining walls can be used for both functional and aesthetic purposes.
A backyard pool is the perfect addition to any home landscape. Not only do pools provide a beautiful focal point, they also offer a great way to cool off on hot summer days. There are many different styles and types of pools to choose from, so finding the right one for your home may seem daunting. But with a little research, you'll be sure to find the perfect pool to suit your needs. Here are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for backyard pools. Homeowners should take note of these important factors! Family will enjoy their time immensely!
As the weather warms up, spending time outdoors becomes more and more appealing. If you're lucky enough to have a backyard, why not make the most of it with some beautiful landscaping? Adding a patio is a great way to create an inviting outdoor space for entertaining, relaxing, or simply enjoying the fresh air. Plus, it can add value to your home if you ever decide to sell.
A pergola is a backyard landscaping staple that can serve many purposes. It can be purely decorative, providing shade and interest to your outdoor space. Or, it can provide support for climbing plants. With the right design, a pergola can even become an extension of your indoor living space, providing a comfortable place to relax and entertain guests. No matter what your vision for your backyard oasis, a pergola is a great way to add beauty and function.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and for many homeowners that means creating an oasis right in their own backyard. A fire pit is a great way to add both beauty and functionality to your landscaping. Not only can you enjoy relaxing fires with family and friends, but a well-designed fire pit can also be a stylish addition to your property. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to incorporate a fire pit into your backyard landscaping without breaking the bank.