A collection of great landscaping articles and favorite links that cover various topics from principles of design to landscape design gurus.
If you live in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania then you understand the importance of a quality backyard. Not only can it reach 86 degrees in the summer time, but Philadelphia nights can make your backyard the ideal place for hanging out. Check out these unique Philadelphia backyard landscaping ideas.
Every home is beautiful in its own way. However, not all homeowners get to enjoy their yards the same way. For some, their backyard is simply a place to park their car or store things that they don’t want inside their house. On the other hand, there are those who take full advantage of every inch of space that they have and turn it into an extension of their home – a place where they can relax and enjoy the outdoors.
Who doesn't love spending time outdoors around a fire pit with family and friends? There's something so special about gathering around the flames, sharing stories, laughing and making memories. If you're looking to add a fire pit to your backyard landscaping, there are a few things you'll need to consider.
In order to understand how to best to turn your backyard into the perfect picture for Philadelphia backyard ideas, you first need to understand what Philadelphia landscaping entails. Below are various features to take into consideration when making your dream backyard come to life.
• Backyard balcony this can be a great way to enjoy the outdoors without having to leave your home. Plus, it can increase the value of your home if you ever decide to sell. Adding a backyard balcony to your Philadelphia, PA home is a great way to add some extra living space and value to your property.
• A patio can provide a wonderful place to entertain guests or simply relax in the outdoors. Plus, with the right design, a patio can be a great addition to your home's landscaping.
• A courtyard garden is the perfect way to add elegance and charm to your Philadelphia PA home. By incorporating features such as fountains, statues, and flowers, you can create a tranquil and serene space that is perfect for entertaining guests or simply relaxing after a long day.
• A fire pit can provide both warmth and light on chilly evenings, and it can also be used for cooking or roasting marshmallows. Plus, it's a great gathering spot for family and friends.
• Elegant outdoor furniture can transform your backyard landscape into a Philadelphia oasis. From crisp white Adirondack chairs to vibrant blue chaises, there's something for everyone. No matter what your budget is, you can find beautiful pieces that will make your backyard the envy of the neighborhood.
If you live in a place with limited water resources, or you're just looking to limit your water usage, xeriscaping may be for you. Xeriscaping is a type of landscaping that uses drought-tolerant plants to minimize the need for irrigation. Not only can this save you money on your water bill, but it can also help reduce your impact on the environment.
Installing a water fountain in your backyard landscaping is a great way to add beauty and visual interest. Water fountains come in a variety of styles and can be customized to fit your space. You can also choose from a variety of materials, such as stone, metal, or glass. Whether you want a simple design or something more elaborate, there's a water fountain to suit your taste. Plus, installing a water fountain is relatively easy and can bed one you with some basic tools. So if you're looking for a way to spruce up your backyard landscaping, consider adding a water fountain.
A beautiful backyard landscape can be created without having to spend a lot of money. In fact, you can create a personal oasis by simply using some of the materials that you have on hand. One way to do this is by creating a stepping stone path. This not only looks great, but can also be used as functional pathway to different areas of your yard. So, gather up those old bricks or stones and get ready to beautify your backyard on a budget!