A collection of great landscaping articles and favorite links that cover various topics from principles of design to landscape design gurus.
If you live in Irvine, California then you understand the importance of a quality backyard. Not only can it reach 82 degrees in the summer time, but Irvine nights can make your backyard the ideal place for hanging out. Check out these unique Irvine backyard landscaping ideas.
Why have a fire pit in your backyard? The answer is simple, itmarksthe perfect spot for entertainment. Gather around the fire with friends and family to enjoy some good conversation and beautiful Irvine nights. Not only does it create a cozy atmosphere, but a fire pit can also be the centerpiece of any backyard. If you are looking to add one to your landscape, check out these eight reasons why you need a fire pit in your life!
Flower gardens are lovely addition to any backyard landscaping. They provide beauty and color, and can also attract pollinators like bees and butterflies. But starting a flower garden can feel overwhelming –where do you begin? Don't worry, we're here to help. In this article, we'll give you some tips for planning and planting a flower garden that will suit your space and style.
In order to understand how to best to turn your backyard into the perfect picture for Irvine backyard ideas, you first need to understand what Irvine landscaping entails. Below are various features to take into consideration when making your dream backyard come to life.
• Water features can range from simple fountains to more complex ponds and streams, and they offer numerous benefits for both you and the environment. In addition to providing a visual focal point, water features can also help to cool your home in the summer, provide a habitat for wildlife, and support local plant life.
• Gazebos are outdoor structures that provide shade and a place to rest. They can be used in gardens, parks, or on patios. A gazebo can enhance the beauty of your backyard landscaping. If you are considering adding a gazebo to your Irvine CA home, there are a few things you need to know.
• One of the best ways to improve your Irvine CA backyard landscaping is to add an outdoor table and chairs. Not only will this provide you with a place to enjoy the outdoors, but it will also add value to your home.
• Looking for a low-maintenance, drought-tolerant landscaping solution for your backyard in Irvine, CA? Xeriscape may be the answer you're looking for! This type of landscaping uses native plants that require little to no water, making it a great option for those in arid climates.
• When the sun sets in Irvine, CA, the temperature starts to drop and it becomes the perfect time to gather around a fire pit with family and friends. Not only do fire pits provide warmth and fun, but they also add beauty to your backyard landscaping.
Gazebos are not only a beautiful addition to your backyard landscape; but, they are also functional. Gazebos provide shade on hot summer days and can be a gathering space for friends and family. Whether you're looking for a simple gazebo or one with all the bells and whistles, there is sure to be one that fits your needs. Let's take a look at some of the different types of gazebos available so you can find the perfect one for your backyard oasis.
We all want our home to be beautiful. The first thing people see when they visit our home is the exterior. Landscaping is a big part of making sure our homes have curb appeal. A well-manicured lawn and pretty flowers can go a long way. But, what about taking your landscaping to the next level? An outdoor kitchen can add both beauty and function to your backyard landscaping. Imagine entertaining guests outdoors with a built-in grill, sink, and fridge. Plus, it would be a great place to spend time with family on warm summer evenings.
While natural beauty is always best, sometimes a little bit of help is needed to achieve the look you desire. There are many different types of artificial turf available that can give your yard the perfect green hue all year long. If you're looking to add some beauty to your backyard landscaping, artificial turf may be the way to go.
Your backyard is your own little slice of paradise. Whether you use it for entertaining guests, relaxing after a long day, or simply enjoying the outdoors, there’s no denying that having a beautiful backyard makes life just that much better. And one of the best ways to enhance your backyard’s natural beauty is with some well-chosen outdoor lighting. Strategic outdoor lighting can not only make your backyard look great, but it can also be functional, providing illumination for activities like grilling or relaxing under the stars.
When you have a backyard, one of the things you want to do is make it beautiful. This is where a retaining wall comes into play. A retaining wall helps with erosion, keeps your yard looking level, and can be used as decoration. It can even help with water drainage! In this post, we will go over how to build a basic wooden retaining wall for your backyard landscaping.