A collection of great landscaping articles and favorite links that cover various topics from principles of design to landscape design gurus.
If you live in Durham, North Carolina then you understand the importance of a quality backyard. Not only can it reach 88 degrees in the summer time, but Durham nights can make your backyard the ideal place for hanging out. Check out these unique Durham backyard landscaping ideas.
A pool is a home improvement that can add both value and beauty to your backyard landscaping. But with so many different types of pools on the market, it can be hard to know which one is right for your home. Adding a pool to your backyard is one of the best ways to create a summer oasis for your family and friends. Not only are pools great for cooling off on hot days, but they can also be beautiful additions to your landscaping.
When you have a backyard, one of the things you want to do is make it beautiful. This is where a retaining wall comes into play. A retaining wall helps with erosion, keeps your yard looking level, and can be used as decoration. It can even help with water drainage! In this post, we will go over how to build a basic wooden retaining wall for your backyard landscaping.
In order to understand how to best to turn your backyard into the perfect picture for Durham backyard ideas, you first need to understand what Durham landscaping entails. Below are various features to take into consideration when making your dream backyard come to life.
• When you want to enjoy the outdoors without having to worry about maintenance, a wooden patio is the perfect solution. With careful planning and execution, your backyard can be transformed into an oasis, complete with a beautiful wooden patio.
• A brick walkway is a classic and timeless addition to any backyard. Not only will it add beauty and charm, but it will also increase your home's value. If you're looking for a unique way to spruce up your Durham NC backyard landscaping, consider adding a brick walkway.
• Ponds are a lovely addition to any backyard and can really add to the overall beauty of your landscaping. If you live in Durham, NC, then you're in luck, because there are plenty of great places to find ponds for your backyard.
• What better way to spruce up your backyard landscaping in Durham NC than by adding a tropical garden? Tropical gardens are not only beautiful, but they can also provide privacy and be a great place to relax. With a little planning, you can have your very own oasis right in your backyard!
• Outdoor kitchens are one of the best additions you can make to your home. Not only do they add value, but they also allow you to enjoy your backyard and create lasting memories with friends and family. If you're thinking about adding an outdoor kitchen to your Durham NC home, there are a few things you need to know.
Patio for beauty on your backyard landscaping: If you're looking to improve your backyard, one of the best ways is to add a patio. Patios are great for entertaining guests or simply enjoying the outdoors. But before you start planning, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Here's everything you need to know about adding a patio to your home.
If you're looking to add a little bit of extra beauty to your backyard landscaping, then adding a pergola is a great way to do it. Not only will it provide some visual interest, but it can also provide some functional uses as well. Whether you use it for shade on those hot summer days or as a support for climbing plants, a pergola can be a great addition to any yard. Keep reading to learn more about pergolas and how you can incorporate one into your own backyard landscape.
Who doesn't love spending time outdoors around a fire pit with family and friends? There's something so special about gathering around the flames, sharing stories, laughing and making memories. If you're looking to add a fire pit to your backyard landscaping, there are a few things you'll need to consider.
Xeriscaping is a type of landscaping that uses native plants that require little to no water. This type of landscaping is beautiful and can save you money on your water bill. Xeriscaping is a great way to conserve water and create a beautiful landscape.
A water fountain is a beautiful addition to any backyard landscape. Not only does it provide a focal point, but the sound of running water is also peaceful and relaxing. There are many different styles of water fountains available, so there is sure to be one that will fit your taste and budget. Here are a few tips on choosing the perfect water fountain for your backyard oasis.