A collection of great landscaping articles and favorite links that cover various topics from principles of design to landscape design gurus.
If you live in St. Paul, Minnesota then you understand the importance of a quality backyard. Not only can it reach 71 degrees in the summer time, but St. Paul nights can make your backyard the ideal place for hanging out. Check out these unique St. Paul backyard landscaping ideas.
Flower gardens are lovely addition to any backyard landscaping. They provide beauty and color, and can also attract pollinators like bees and butterflies. But starting a flower garden can feel overwhelming –where do you begin? Don't worry, we're here to help. In this article, we'll give you some tips for planning and planting a flower garden that will suit your space and style.
Gazebos are not only a beautiful addition to your backyard landscape; but, they are also functional. Gazebos provide shade on hot summer days and can be a gathering space for friends and family. Whether you're looking for a simple gazebo or one with all the bells and whistles, there is sure to be one that fits your needs. Let's take a look at some of the different types of gazebos available so you can find the perfect one for your backyard oasis.
In order to understand how to best to turn your backyard into the perfect picture for St. Paul backyard ideas, you first need to understand what St. Paul landscaping entails. Below are various features to take into consideration when making your dream backyard come to life.
• Fire pits are one of the best additions to your backyard. Not only do they provide a beautiful focal point, but they also keep you warm on those chilly Minnesota nights.
• Patio for beauty on your backyard landscaping: If you're looking to improve your backyard, one of the best ways is to add a patio.
• If you're looking to add a little bit of extra beauty to your backyard landscaping, then adding a pergola is a great way to do it. Not only will it provide some visual interest, but it can also provide some functional uses as well.
• A water fountain is a beautiful addition to any backyard landscape. Not only does it provide a focal point, but the sound of running water is also peaceful and relaxing.
• Hammocks are not only for looks but they are also functional and can be used in your backyard landscaping. You can use them to relax, read, or take a nap in the sun.
We all want our home to be beautiful. The first thing people see when they visit our home is the exterior. Landscaping is a big part of making sure our homes have curb appeal. A well-manicured lawn and pretty flowers can go a long way. But, what about taking your landscaping to the next level? An outdoor kitchen can add both beauty and function to your backyard landscaping. Imagine entertaining guests outdoors with a built-in grill, sink, and fridge. Plus, it would be a great place to spend time with family on warm summer evenings.
Your backyard is your own little slice of paradise. Whether you use it for entertaining guests, relaxing after a long day, or simply enjoying the outdoors, there’s no denying that having a beautiful backyard makes life just that much better. And one of the best ways to enhance your backyard’s natural beauty is with some well-chosen outdoor lighting. Strategic outdoor lighting can not only make your backyard look great, but it can also be functional, providing illumination for activities like grilling or relaxing under the stars. With so many different options available, choosing the right type of outdoor lighting for your needs can seem daunting.
Aesthetics are important when it comes to your home. People take pride in their home's appearance both inside and out. There is a lot you can do to the outside of your home to make it more visually appealing. If you have some land to work with, landscaping is a great way to add beauty and value to your property. One element that can really enhance your landscaping is a retaining wall. Retaining walls can be used for both functional and aesthetic purposes.