A collection of great landscaping articles and favorite links that cover various topics from principles of design to landscape design gurus.
If you live in San Diego, California then you understand the importance of a quality backyard. Not only can it reach 77 degrees in the summer time, but San Diego nights can make your backyard the ideal place for hanging out. Check out these unique San Diego backyard landscaping ideas.
The backyard pool is an excellent way to create an elegant and stylish space for entertaining family and friends. They add beauty and value to your home, and can be enjoyed by the whole family. Whether you're looking for a place to relax on a hot summer day or entertain guests, a pool is a great addition to any backyard.
While natural beauty is always best, sometimes a little bit of help is needed to achieve the look you desire. There are many different types of artificial turf available that can give your yard the perfect green hue all year long. If you're looking to add some beauty to your backyard landscaping, artificial turf may be the way to go.
In order to understand how to best to turn your backyard into the perfect picture for San Diego backyard ideas, you first need to understand what San Diego landscaping entails. Below are various features to take into consideration when making your dream backyard come to life.
• Xeriscaping is a great way to reduce your water bill while still having a beautiful yard. Here in San Diego, we are blessed with an abundance of sunshine, so why not take advantage of it? With xeriscaping, you can save water and money while still having a stunning backyard.
• Tropical backyard - If you're looking to add a touch of elegance to your backyard landscaping, consider adding a tropical theme. San Diego CA is the perfect place to incorporate this type of design, as the mild climate and ample sunshine make it easy to grow tropical plants. Plus, who doesn't love the look of a lush, green oasis in their own backyard?
• Patio - Homeowners often forget about their patios because they are so busy with work and family life. But, a beautiful patio can provide a space for entertaining, relaxation and enjoyment for the whole family. With a little bit of planning, you can transform your patio into an elegant outdoor living space.
• A pool is a true luxury; It's a great way to relax and enjoy your backyard. But, with so many options on the market, it can be tough to decide which type of pool is right for you and your family. To help you make your decision, we've put together a list of the different types of pools available, as well as the pros and cons of each. Whether you're looking for a lap pool to squeeze in some extra exercise or a relaxing spa-like oasis, there's sure to be a pool that's perfect for you.
• Fire pit - Owning a home is a huge accomplishment and something that you should be proud of. You have worked hard to get where you are and now it is time to enjoy your backyard oasis. One way to do this is by investing in a fire pit. Not only will it add value to your home, but it will also create an inviting space for entertaining guests or spending time with family. A fire pit can be the perfect addition to your San Diego CA backyard landscaping.
Your backyard is your own little slice of paradise. Whether you use it for entertaining guests, relaxing after a long day, or simply enjoying the outdoors, there’s no denying that having a beautiful backyard makes life just that much better. And one of the best ways to enhance your backyard’s natural beauty is with some well-chosen outdoor lighting. Strategic outdoor lighting can not only make your backyard look great, but it can also be functional, providing illumination for activities like grilling or relaxing under the stars.
Aesthetics are important when it comes to your home. People take pride in their home's appearance both inside and out. There is a lot you can do to the outside of your home to make it more visually appealing. If you have some land to work with, landscaping is a great way to add beauty and value to your property. One element that can really enhance your landscaping is a retaining wall. Retaining walls can be used for both functional and aesthetic purposes.
Patio for beauty on your backyard landscaping: If you're looking to improve your backyard, one of the best ways is to add a patio. Patios are great for entertaining guests or simply enjoying the outdoors. But before you start planning, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Here's everything you need to know about adding a patio to your home.
A pergola is a backyard landscaping staple that can serve many purposes. It can be purely decorative, providing shade and interest to your outdoor space. Or, it can provide support for climbing plants. With the right design, a pergola can even become an extension of your indoor living space, providing a comfortable place to relax and entertain guests. No matter what your vision for your backyard oasis, a pergola is a great way to add beauty and function.
Who doesn't love spending time outdoors around a fire pit with family and friends? There's something so special about gathering around the flames, sharing stories, laughing and making memories. If you're looking to add a fire pit to your backyard landscaping, there are a few things you'll need to consider.