A collection of great landscaping articles and favorite links that cover various topics from principles of design to landscape design gurus.
If you live in Denver, Colorado then you understand the importance of a quality backyard. Not only can it reach 95 degrees in the summer time, but Denver nights can make your backyard the ideal place for hanging out. Check out these unique Denver backyard landscaping ideas.
Gazebos are a wonderful Denver CO addition to your backyard landscaping. Not only they are beautiful, but they can provide shade on hot days and a place to relax or entertain guests. They provide shade on hot days, can be decorated to match the seasons, and create a relaxing space to enjoy your yard.
We all want our home to be beautiful. The first thing people see when they visit our home is the exterior. Landscaping is a big part of making sure our homes have curb appeal. A well-manicured lawn and pretty flowers can go a long way. But, what about taking your landscaping to the next level? An outdoor kitchen can add both beauty and function to your backyard landscaping. Imagine entertaining guests outdoors with a built-in grill, sink, and fridge. Plus, it would be a great place to spend time with family on warm summer evenings.
In order to understand how to best to turn your backyard into the perfect picture for Denver backyard ideas, you first need to understand what Denver landscaping entails. Below are various features to take into consideration when making your dream backyard come to life.
• Outdoor fireplace - A great place to gather with friends and family, enjoy a warm fire, and roast marshmallows on cool nights.
• Lighting features - like string lights, solar lamps, or pathway lights, to add ambiance after dark
• Roof deck - Your backyard is a great place to spend time with family and entertain guests. Adding a roof deck to your home not only adds value, but also gives you a beautiful place to enjoy the outdoors.
• Gazebos are one of the most classic outdoor structures. They provide a beautiful and functional space in your backyard that can be used for entertaining, dining, or simply relaxing.
• Flagstone is a versatile material that can be used for paving, walls, or even water features. It's also relatively easy to install, making it a great do-it-yourself project. In Denver, CO, flagstone is readily available and reasonably priced.
While natural beauty is always best, sometimes a little bit of help is needed to achieve the look you desire. There are many different types of artificial turf available that can give your yard the perfect green hue all year long. If you're looking to add some beauty to your backyard landscaping, artificial turf may be the way to go.
Is your backyard landscaping looking a little bare? Brighten it up with some beautiful outdoor lighting! There are so many different types of outdoor lights to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect fit for your home. Plus, adding outdoor lighting is a great way to boost your home’s curb appeal.
When you have a backyard, one of the things you want to do is make it beautiful. This is where a retaining wall comes into play. A retaining wall helps with erosion, keeps your yard looking level, and can be used as decoration. It can even help with water drainage!
Pools are one of the most sought-after features in a backyard. They provide a place to cool off on hot summer days, and they can be used for entertaining guests or exercising. But pools can also increase the value of your home and make it more attractive from an aesthetic standpoint.
As the weather warms up, spending time outdoors becomes more and more appealing. If you're lucky enough to have a backyard, why not make the most of it with some beautiful landscaping? Adding a patio is a great way to create an inviting outdoor space for entertaining, relaxing, or simply enjoying the fresh air. Plus, it can add value to your home if you ever decide to sell.