A collection of great landscaping articles and favorite links that cover various topics from principles of design to landscape design gurus.
If you live in Portland, Oregon then you understand the importance of a quality backyard. Not only can it reach HIGH TEMPS IN SUMMER in the summer time, but Portland nights can make your backyard the ideal place for hanging out. Check out these unique Portland backyard landscaping ideas.
A fire pit is a great way to add beauty and value to your home. A fire pit can be used for entertaining, cooking, or simply relaxing in your backyard. Fire pits are relatively easy to install and can be found at most home improvement stores.
Gazebos are not only functional, but also add beauty to your backyard landscaping. If you are considering adding a gazebo to your home, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, consider the size and shape of your yard. You will also want to think about the materials you want to use for the gazebo. Gazebos can be made from wood, metal, or even vinyl. The material you choose should complement the style of your home and be durable enough to withstand the elements. Keep these things in mind when choosing a gazebo for your backyard landscaping project. You are sure to find one that is perfect for your needs!
In order to understand how to best to turn your backyard into the perfect picture for Portland backyard ideas, you first need to understand what Portland landscaping entails. Below are various features to take into consideration when making your dream backyard come to life.
• Artificial turf is the perfect solution for busy families who want a lush, green lawn without all the work. Not only will it save you time and money, but it also looks great - no more yellow patches or dead grass!
• A fire pit in your backyard is the perfect way to enjoy the outdoors in Portland OR. They can be used for cooking, entertaining, or just relaxing by the fire.
• Gazebos are one of the most popular types of backyard structures. They provide a beautiful focal point for your landscaping, and can be used for a variety of purposes. Whether you want to create an outdoor living space, or simply add some curb appeal to your home, a gazebo is a great choice. Portland OR homeowners love gazebos because they can be customized to match the style of your home and yard.
• A pool is a wonderful addition to any backyard. Aesthetically, it can completely transform the look of your outdoor space and make it more inviting. Swimming is also a great way to stay active and cool off during those hot Oregon summers.
• Your Portland OR backyard landscaping is not complete without a water fountain. A water fountain can really enhance the beauty of your yard and make it a more relaxing place to spend time.
We all want our home to be beautiful. The first thing people see when they visit our home is the exterior. Landscaping is a big part of making sure our homes have curb appeal. A well-manicured lawn and pretty flowers can go a long way. But, what about taking your landscaping to the next level? An outdoor kitchen can add both beauty and function to your backyard landscaping. Imagine entertaining guests outdoors with a built-in grill, sink, and fridge. Plus, it would be a great place to spend time with family on warm summer evenings.
When you think of artificial turf, you might picture a green carpet-like material that is found on many sports fields. Artificial turf is a much more durable option than real grass, and it requires very little maintenance. It also has a number of other benefits, including providing a safe surface for your children to play on. If you are looking for an attractive and low-maintenance option for your backyard landscaping, artificial turf may be the right choice for you.
Your backyard is your own little slice of paradise. Whether you use it for entertaining guests, relaxing after a long day, or simply enjoying the outdoors, there’s no denying that having a beautiful backyard makes life just that much better. And one of the best ways to enhance your backyard’s natural beauty is with some well-chosen outdoor lighting. Strategic outdoor lighting can not only make your backyard look great, but it can also be functional, providing illumination for activities like grilling or relaxing under the stars.