A collection of great landscaping articles and favorite links that cover various topics from principles of design to landscape design gurus.
If you live in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma then you understand the importance of a quality backyard. Not only can it reach 110 degrees in the summer time, but Oklahoma City nights can make your backyard the ideal place for hanging out. Check out these unique Oklahoma City backyard landscaping ideas.
Xeriscaping could be the perfect solution for you! This type of landscaping uses drought-tolerant plants that require little to no water, making it an ideal choice for homeowners in Oklahoma City. Not only is xeriscaping low-maintenance, but it can also add value and curb appeal to your home.
Gazebos are not only functional, but also add beauty to your backyard landscaping. If you are considering adding a gazebo to your home, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, consider the size and shape of your yard. You will also want to think about the materials you want to use for the gazebo. Gazebos can be made from wood, metal, or even vinyl. The material you choose should complement the style of your home and be durable enough to withstand the elements. Keep these things in mind when choosing a gazebo for your backyard landscaping project. You are sure to find one that is perfect for your needs!
In order to understand how to best to turn your backyard into the perfect picture for Oklahoma City backyard ideas, you first need to understand what Oklahoma City landscaping entails. Below are various features to take into consideration when making your dream backyard come to life.
• Xeriscaping is a type of gardening that uses native plants that require little to no irrigation. This can save you time and money while still providing a beautiful landscape.
• Level up your home’s curb appeal with a pool! Not only will it be a great centerpiece for your backyard landscaping in Oklahoma City, OK, but it will also offer numerous functional benefits for you and your family.
• A place where you can relax and enjoy the outdoors. One way to do this is to add an outdoor kitchen. This not only adds value to your home, but it also makes entertaining friends and family a breeze.
• Artificial turf can provide you with a beautiful, low-maintenance lawn that will make your neighbors green with envy.
• Families who have their own little piece of paradise in their backyard can create an inviting and comfortable space for entertaining by adding a fire pit. Not only does this give your home extra curb appeal, but it's also a great way to spend time with family and friends outdoors.
We all want our home to be beautiful. The first thing people see when they visit our home is the exterior. Landscaping is a big part of making sure our homes have curb appeal. A well-manicured lawn and pretty flowers can go a long way. But, what about taking your landscaping to the next level? An outdoor kitchen can add both beauty and function to your backyard landscaping. Imagine entertaining guests outdoors with a built-in grill, sink, and fridge. Plus, it would be a great place to spend time with family on warm summer evenings.
While natural beauty is always best, sometimes a little bit of help is needed to achieve the look you desire. There are many different types of artificial turf available that can give your yard the perfect green hue all year long. If you're looking to add some beauty to your backyard landscaping, artificial turf may be the way to go.
Is your backyard landscaping looking a little bare? Brighten it up with some beautiful outdoor lighting! There are so many different types of outdoor lights to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect fit for your home. Plus, adding outdoor lighting is a great way to boost your home’s curb appeal.
Aesthetics are important when it comes to your home. People take pride in their home's appearance both inside and out. There is a lot you can do to the outside of your home to make it more visually appealing. If you have some land to work with, landscaping is a great way to add beauty and value to your property. One element that can really enhance your landscaping is a retaining wall. Retaining walls can be used for both functional and aesthetic purposes.
Pools are one of the most sought-after features in a backyard. They provide a place to cool off on hot summer days, and they can be used for entertaining guests or exercising. But pools can also increase the value of your home and make it more attractive from an aesthetic standpoint.