A collection of great landscaping articles and favorite links that cover various topics from principles of design to landscape design gurus.
If you live in Seattle, Washington then you understand the importance of a quality backyard. Not only can it reach 108 degrees in the summer time, but Seattle nights can make your backyard the ideal place for hanging out. Check out these unique Seattle backyard landscaping ideas.
Paver walkways add an extra touch of beauty to your backyard landscaping. They can be used to create a path from your house to your garden, or as a border around your flower beds. Pavers come in a variety of colors and styles, so you can find the perfect look for your home. Best of all, installing a paver walkway is a relatively easy do-it-yourself project. With just a little time and effort, you can have a beautiful new addition to your yard that will last for years to come.
Your backyard is your own little slice of paradise. Whether you use it for entertaining guests, relaxing after a long day, or simply enjoying the outdoors, there’s no denying that having a beautiful backyard makes life just that much better. And one of the best ways to enhance your backyard’s natural beauty is with some well-chosen outdoor lighting. Strategic outdoor lighting can not only make your backyard look great, but it can also be functional, providing illumination for activities like grilling or relaxing under the stars.
In order to understand how to best to turn your backyard into the perfect picture for Seattle backyard ideas, you first need to understand what Seattle landscaping entails. Below are various features to take into consideration when making your dream backyard come to life.
• Outdoor fireplace - A great way to keep warm on chilly Seattle nights while enjoying your backyard.
• Patio furniture - Furnish your backyard with some comfortable patio furniture and make it the perfect spot to relax in the sun or under the stars.
• Paver walkways - If you're looking for a way to add some curb appeal to your home, consider installing a paver walkway. Pavers are available in a variety of materials, colors, and styles, so you can find an option that fits your aesthetic. Plus, installing a paver walkway is a relatively easy DIY project.
• Xeriscaping - If you live in an area with limited water resources, or if you simply want to reduce your water usage, xeriscaping may be the landscaping method for you. Xeriscaping is a type of landscaping that uses drought-tolerant plants, which require little to no irrigation. This can save you money on your water bill and help conserve water resources. In addition, xeriscape landscapes are often beautiful and low-maintenance, making them a great choice for busy homeowners. Learn more about xeriscaping and how to get started below.
• Pergola - Add some shade and privacy to your yard with a pergola, perfect for hot summer days when you need a break from the sun's rays.
Aesthetics are important when it comes to your home. People take pride in their home's appearance both inside and out. There is a lot you can do to the outside of your home to make it more visually appealing. If you have some land to work with, landscaping is a great way to add beauty and value to your property. One element that can really enhance your landscaping is a retaining wall. Retaining walls can be used for both functional and aesthetic purposes.
A backyard pool is the perfect addition to any home landscape. Not only do pools provide a beautiful focal point, they also offer a great way to cool off on hot summer days. There are many different styles and types of pools to choose from, so finding the right one for your home may seem daunting. But with a little research, you'll be sure to find the perfect pool to suit your needs. Here are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for backyard pools. Homeowners should take note of these important factors! Family will enjoy their time immensely!
Patio for beauty on your backyard landscaping: If you're looking to improve your backyard, one of the best ways is to add a patio. Patios are great for entertaining guests or simply enjoying the outdoors. But before you start planning, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
A pergola is a backyard landscaping staple that can serve many purposes. It can be purely decorative, providing shade and interest to your outdoor space. Or ,it can provide support for climbing plants. With the right design, a pergola can even become an extension of your indoor living space, providing a comfortable place to relax and entertain guests. No matter what your vision for your backyard oasis, a pergola is a great way to add beauty and function.
Afire pit is a great addition to any backyard landscaping. Not only does it provide a focal point, but it also allows you to enjoy the outdoors in the evening hours. If you are thinking about adding a fire pit to your yard, there are a few things you will need to consider.
If you live in a place with limited water resources, or you're just looking to limit your water usage, xeriscaping may be for you. Xeriscaping is a type of landscaping that uses drought-tolerant plants to minimize the need for irrigation. Not only can this save you money on your water bill, but it can also help reduce your impact on the environment.